Greetings and thank-you for visiting A Simple Collective’s Year-End Fundraiser Page!
We need your support. After two and a half years of success, we are at an exciting moment of growth. For the first time, we are reaching out to friends and family to help raise $3000 by the end of 2015 to fund A Simple Collective’s 2016 programming.
Let’s cut to the chase, you can make your tax-deductible* donation online, via bit.ly/ASCDonate. (Thanks for clicking!)
And… Continue on reading to learn more about A Simple Collective’s Achievements and what $3000 will make happen.
Since A Simple Collective launched at the end of 2012, we have worked diligently toward our mission to support community, access, and independence in the arts while promoting the San Francisco Bay Area as a hub of unique and innovative art activity in the international art scene. Some achievements include…
- Launching the RE[FRAME] Arts Industry Conference, gathering 20+ speakers and 200 visitors to the Museum of the African Diaspora to discuss industry topics while highlighting the rich pool of black artists and professionals in the Bay Area.
- Launching Third Thursdays in Yerba Buena, a monthly evening of free and discounted interactive arts and culture events at 7 downtown museums
- Hosting over 20 free and low-cost events and workshops for artists and arts professionals to network, learn new skills, and work toward a sustainable career
- Producing 20+ exhibitions, highlighting 30+ artists and curators from the Bay Area, as well as national and international artists
- Maintaining an independent, artist-run gallery in San Francisco, offering live residencies and a space for experimentation and expression by cutting edge Bay Area artists and curators
In May 2015, A Simple Collective made a bold decision: moving into a larger gallery space at Pacific Felt Factory arts complex. This new space provides unique opportunities for expanded programming including film nights, performance interventions, and artist dinners. And coming in 2016, we will launch a work-study program for budding curators and creatives in the San Francisco Bay Area.
As A Simple Collective grows, your money will go to keeping our doors open and supporting local artists within the international art industry. Some concrete ways your money will be used include:
- Hosting an artist in residence in Summer 2016
- Providing training for our new incubator members
- Hosting free public events and guest speakers in Spring 2016
- Producing accessibly-priced limited editions by ASC artists
- Hosting salons and round-table forums
- …and so much more
Thank you for supporting A Simple Collective. If you have any additional questions about your donation or our programs, please do not hesitate to contact me at 415-786-1351 or email@example.com.
Thank you again, and very best wishes,
Rhiannon Evans MacFadyen, on behalf of A Simple Collective and all our artists
* A Simple Collective is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the charitable purposes of A Simple Collective must be made payable to Fractured Atlas only and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.